The MP-24 Wireless Bridge is an 802.11 device for point to point or point to multipoint operation. The MP-24 will function as either a bridge or a router, or as an access point in a wireless network. The MP-24 is 802.11b spread spectrum, operating in the 2.4 GHz band. The WB-24 provides reliable long range data communications. Using spread spectrum technology, the MP-24 Wireless Bridge will operate at the 802.11b rates of 1, 2, 5.5 or 11 Mbps. Distances of 10 miles or more are possible.
As well as providing long range reliable data links, the MP-24 Wireless Bridge transceivers set up quickly and incur no ongoing fees, unlike cellular and land line communications. Monthly phone company costs are eliminated.
The MP-24 Wireless Bridges operate in point-to-point mode or point-to-multipoint, selectable using the Windows based setup program.
The WB-24 provides a point-to-point or point-to-multipoint system that is ideal for remote offices, SCADA data collection, marine mobile data collection, etc.
Applications for the DCB MP series products include: Emergency backup links Industrial site networks Campus link for schools, colleges, manufacturing plants, offices Home to office links Computer to computer, terminal or multiplexer links LAN to LAN bridged links
- 802.11b, 2.4 Ghz, ISM band
- Data rates for 1, 2, 5.5 and 11 Mbps
- Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum
- Receiver Sensitivity minimum -83 dBm at 11 Mbps
- Ethernet Bridging, Routing
- Point to point and point to multi-point operation
- Units can be set as base or satellite stations
- Windows based configuration program
- “N” female RF connector
- Typically provide 10 mile range
- Directional and omni-directional external antenna options
- Power, RF activity, LAN activity
- Switch to invoke serial port setup
- 120 VAC wall transformer, 12 VDC, 350 ma
- May be powered via IEEE 802.3af-2003 compliant POE (Power Over Ethernet)
- Weight 2 pounds
- -40 - +65 C, non-condensing humidity
- Dimensions: 7.3”W x 7”D x 1.52”H
- Operational Temperature: - 40 to +65 C, 95% non-condensing humidity
DCB PART # DESCRIPTION MP-24 802.11 Based Bridge/Router Various Various external antenna options Various Various antenna cable options