Encrypted Etherpoll 2 Port SCADA Server
The EEP-2 Encrypted EtherPoll is a SCADA communications serial server that allows multi-drop devices to use Ethernet LANs. Using the EEP-2 AES-128 bit encryption, even the Internet can be used securely. The EEP-2 connects any async serial device through a LAN and between LANs via routers. The EEP-2 is designed specifically to support asynchronous polling protocols, such as Poll Select, Modbus, DNP3, IEC-60870-5-101, etc. The EEP-2 uses IP protocol, allowing the necessary data connection over a local LAN and across routed networks. The EEP-2 functions independently of the device protocol, allowing most 8 bit asynchronous protocols to be used with no configuration changes.
The EEP-2 Encrypted EtherPoll maps data from a serial port to as few as one IP address to as many as 32 remote IP addresses. This feature makes it easy to have redundant host sites that will always receive the same poll responses as the master host site. If you have the objective of installing a backup host site or have a second site that always monitors the RTU responses, the EEP-2 makes it easy.
The EEP-2 Encrypted EtherPoll supports RS232 serial interface speeds up to 230 Kbps. Since it uses the UDP/IP protocol, overhead is much lower than it would be if TCP/IP were used, as there is no “session setup” or “session breakdown” with each connection. Up to 32 remote EEP-2s may be used with each host EEP-2.
The EEP-2 Encrypted EtherPoll can be managed directly through the serial port as well as through the ethernet port. TCP/IP telnet or a web browser can be used.
Security features embedded in the EEP-2 Encrypted EtherPoll include fine-grained configuration and management controls, as well as the ability to turn off remote management functions.
Instead of replacing your existing serial RTUs and SCADA system with ethernet RTUs, add the EEP-2 Encrypted EtherPoll for a fraction of the cost. OEM manufacturers can design the EEP-2 into their products or use it as an add-on method to gain ethernet connectivity. DCB supplies the EEP-2 to many other companies and can provide custom firmware for specific applications.
- Two independent RS232 serial ports, DTE interface
- DE-9 male serial DTE (terminal interface) ports
- Serial speeds from 300 bps to 230,000 bps
- RJ45 10/100BaseT
- Either or both ports use AES-128 encryption or may be non-encrypted
- Communications via UDP/IP protocol
- Set up via telnet command line, the serial Port, or web browser
- CE Mark Approved
Power, Status, Port Activity, LAN Connection, LAN Activity
DIP switch selection for serial port setup
Interface: RS-422/485, RS-232, V.24, speeds up to 230,000 bps
Connector: DE-9P RS-232 (commonly known as a DB-9 PC connector)
Interface: 10BaseT or 100BaseT, autoswitching
- 4 ¼” x 5 ½” x 1 ¾”
- One pound
- -40 to +75C non-condensing relative humidity
- 6 volt DC via external 100-240 VAC power supply, UL and CE
- 500 mA at 6 VDC
- 12, 24, 48,125 VDC 240 VAC Optional
- Connect a host computer to remote terminals that are polled using asynchronous polling protocols
- Connect SCADA host computers to RTUs
- Connect Poll Select host computers to terminals using Poll Select protocol
- Broadcast data from a single host port to multiple remote locations, such as multiple signs splaying identical data
- Migrate serial polled terminals to IP/ethernet based networks
- Securely operate SCADA systems over public networks, including the Internet
EEP-2 Encrypted 2 Port ethernet SCADA Serial Server (6VDC w/ 120 VAC power supply) EEP-2/12V Encrypted 2 Port ethernet SCADA Serial Server with internal 9-18 VDC Input Power Supply EEP-2/24V Encrypted 2 Port ethernet SCADA Serial Server with internal 19-368 VDC Input Power Supply EEP-2/48V Encrypted 2 Port ethernet SCADA Serial Server with internal 36-72 VDC Input Power Supply 9501083 Optional External 125 VDC Input Power Supply for EEP-2 6013006 Optional DIN rail mounting clips
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 in|