Streaming Serial Encrypter
The SSE-R is an industrial rated serial data encryption device featuring two serial ports; Com1 is clear text, Com2 is the encrypted data link. The SSE-R uses AES 256 bit encryption, 128-bit block size. AES encryption is the US Government standard. The SSE-R is designed for use in serial applications where normal block encryption devices may not work, yet AES encryption is required. A fixed key design and self-synchronizing cipher eliminates the need for negotiation between the SSE devices and allows for data encryption over unidirectional connections.
The SSE-R provides encryption of data between serial host and remote user sites. The two RS232 serial ports operate at asynchronous speeds as low as 300 bps and as high as 57.6 Kbps. The SSE-R serial interfaces can be configured as RS232, or RS422/RS485 4-wire.
The SSE-R may be used point-to-point, linking two separate remote sites with radios, leased lines or dial connections, one port used for the connection, the other port for the user equipment. The SSE-R can also be used on point-to-multipoint links, such as SCADA polling applications. The SSR-R can be used in unidirectional broadcast applications, both point-to-point or point-to-multipoint. The SSE-R is especially attractive for use over multipoint radios where data privacy is desired.
The SSE-R is straight-forward, easy to configure and maintain. Units may be configured via a serial port, or using the Ethernet port, via telnet or a web browser. The SSE-R is feature rich but simple to set up and operate.
The SSE-R supports 7 or 8 bit user data. The link between the SSE-R devices must be 8-data bit, i.e. 8 data bits, no parity, start and stop bit. It supports 128 bit AES encryption for those installations where WAN encryption is required but higher performance is needed.
Are you running Polling Data? Check out our SE-6600 serial encrypter. It’s optimized for poll-response multipoint networks and has some enhanced features for the SCADA marketplace.
Due to the encryption employed, SE-6600 product is an export controlled item and is regulated by the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) of the U.S. Department of Commerce. The SE-6600 is classified as mass market encryption device and may not be exported or shipped for re-export to restricted countries in Country Group E:1. They are readily shippable to most other countries.
- Two asynchronous serial ports: configurable for RS232, RS422/RS485 4-wire
- DE-9P (PC-9 pin) connectors, DTE interface
- Speeds to 57.6 Kbps, full or half duplex
- Can be configured via RS232 serial port
- Ethernet port for telnet or web browser management
- Delivered with RS232 9-pin to 9-pin adapters and cable for setup or connection to PCs or other devices with 9-pin DTE interfaces
- 128, 192 or 256 bit AES encryption
- 8-bit Cipher Feedback Mode for non-error corrected links
- Fixed key operation, ANSI X9.31 psuedo random number generator
- Non-proprietary algorithm: Single SSE can be terminated by any AES-CFB8 application meeting NIST guidelines
- Encryption may be enabled/disabled via control signal, allowing use with dial-up modems or any DCE device that provides a DCD output upon connection
- LAN status, DCD, Run/Power, Encrypting, Tx Data on Com 1 & 2
- Switch to invoke serial port setup
- Power Requirements: 9 to 30 VDC, (2 watts) standard
- 12, 24, 48. 125 VDC and 240 VAC options are available
- Supplied with 120 VAC to 9 VDC external power supply
- Dimensions: 4 1/4” x 3” x 1”
- Weight: 7.5 oz.
- DIN rail mounting clip available
- Operational Temperature: – 40 to +75 C, 95% non-condensing humidity
|SSE-R||Serial Encrypter (5-30VDC and 120 VAC power supply)|
|9501033||Optional 36-72 VDC Input Power Supply|
|9501081||Optional 125 VDC Input Power Supply|
|9902090||Optional DIN rail mounting clips|
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 in|